Discover a family business producing authentic wines respecting the Provençal tradition.
Discover a family business producing authentic wines respecting the Provençal tradition. Taste the fruit of our passion in the middle of hundreds of barrels, in the heart of a unique vaulted cellar in the region. Located on the southern slope of the Massif des Maures, in Cogolin, a town which found its vocation as an agricultural town in the 19th century but whose human traces date back to the Paleolithic period (from - 30,000 to - 10,000 BC). The estate is just a few km from the seaside and the neighboring village GRIMAUD where the remains of the medieval castle are enthroned.
The Audemard family has managed this vineyard for 5 generations.
AOP Côtes de Provence wines, Vins de Pays and Vins de table...all from vineyards with an area of nearly 50 ha.
You cross the vineyard to access the cellar, passing by the farm buildings which house an old flour mill... Discover the cellar in the middle of more than 180 barrels. Violette will be honored to show you around the bottling or the vinification vats. A slide show will make you discover the techniques of work of the vine and the harvest too! One room houses old family tools.
The following grape varieties are grown:
- red and rosé wines AOP Côtes de Provence: Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Cinsault and Tibouren,
- AOP Côtes de Provence white wines: Ugni blanc and Rolle, also known as Vermentino),
- In Pays du Var wine and table wines: in red and rosé Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache and Cinsault grapes, in white Rolle, Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and Viogner.
A cellar equipped with state-of-the-art techniques (automatic sorting on the plot, vibrating reception conquet, de-stemming and crushing if necessary, 2 pneumatic presses under inert gas, computerized management of fermentation temperatures, vacuum bottling, air conditioning of the cellars, but also ancestral, such as the use of oak barrels (more than 180 in the cellar), tuns (large wooden barrels) and family secrets... Here is a fairly succinct but representative explanation of "La Giscle", a domain that I invite you to discover during a walk for example towards the Chartreuse de la Verne, abbey that you will discover a little further on the road to Collobrières...
Goodbye ! From a viticultural point of view... Pierre Audemard.
- Coach parking
- Pets welcome
- Product tasting
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
Labels and others
- Independent winegrowers
- AOP - AOC Côtes de Provence
Types of products to taste
- Foie gras
- Honey products
- Fruits and derivative products
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours on request
- Individual tasting (free of charge)
- Guided group tours on request
- Group tasting (charged for)
Means of payment
- Bank/credit card