This monument is located in the very town where General de Lattre de Tassigny set up his command post on August 17, 1944.
This monument is composed of a horizontal and rectangular stele decorated with several reliefs representing the illustrious General, a tank, landing craft, ships, planes and soldiers. At his feet is also a marble slab (Rhine and Danube insignia).
Its inauguration took place on August 31, 1969 in the presence of several personalities including the Maréchale de Lattre de Tassigny, Mr. Jean-Paul Roy (Prefect of the Var), Generals Monsabert, Bonjour, Audolento, Perpere, Molle, Guiliano, Bouvet, Frat and Baillif, Mr. Caillat (Mayor of Cogolin).
- Historic patrimony
- Car park